Our level III personnel carry out contracts for a wide range of small and large companies working to PCN, ASNT, ACCP and other accreditation schemes. Our client base spans the globe and covers industries, such as; pressure vessel manufacturers, energy; including petro-chemical and power generation, rail rolling stock and infra-structure, precision engineering and foundries.
The scope of Consultancy work we undertake involves;
Detailed below is a sample of the type of companies we provide a Consultancy service for;
- Preparation of QA documentation to incorporate non-destructive testing activities
- Auditing and cross-checking activities; ensuring processes and the application of various NDT techniques are in accordance with applicable specifications
- Provision of third party assistance for evaluation of NDT procedures and inspection
- Compilation of NDT procedures and techniques in accordance with a wide range of national and international codes, standards and specifications
- Provision of training and certification of NDT personnel in accordance with American Society of Non-Destructive Testing document SNT-TC-1A
Major International Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Maintenance (EPCM) and Project Management Services Organisation
UK and on-site on Changxin Island, Shanghai, China – contracted as independent consultant to investigate the reason(s) why transverse cracks had not been detected in welds during the fabrication phase of monopiles and transition pieces for large offshore wind farm project in UK.
Global Leader in Marine and Energy Market
On-site at Astano Shipyard, Ferrol, Spain – contracted as independent consultant to review and evaluate over 2000 radiographs of high pressure pipework welds in dispute between client and sub-contractor / Lloyds Register.
Major Oil and Gas Operating Company in UK Sector of the North Sea
On-site in Northern Italy – contracted to review and evaluate sub-contractors proposal for the Ultrasonic examination of cast valve bodies made from Duplex material.
Major UK Manufacturer of Large Generators for Gas and Steam Turbines
UK assignment – appointment as ASNT NDT Level III certified consultant for Channel Tunnel Shuttle Train project to advise on specialist NDT requirements.
Large French Construction Company
On-site assignment in Bordeaux, France – compilation of inspection procedures, UT, RT (x & gamma), MT, PT, VT, Dimensional and Weld Inspection, for Pickerill Field Development, North Sea.
Major UK Forging Company
Contracted on-site in Sheffield, UK for Japanese client – independent witness, inspection and documentation review of aero engine turbine discs. UT immersion testing, mechanical testing and acid etch testing.